Thursday, 3 November 2011

Pre-Raphaelite and a coat.

(excuse the overload of images) There appears to be a distinct link between the new cover of the Florence + the Machine album 'Ceremonials' and the paintings of Dante Gabriel Rossetti of the Pre-Raphealite Brotherhood.

The obvious comparisions include the use of a red headed woman, the use of symmetry/the repetition of the same woman and even similar hairstyles. I think this modern take works well though.


Florence + the Machine.



Dante Gabriel Rossetti- Beatrix Dante Gabriel Rossetti - Bower Meadow

and the coat...?

WELL I bought this a couple of days ago for a tenner! I'm still not 100% on it because it fits weird. I reckon that's down to it being a man's coat though. Also, not really sure what I'm doing with my face.


4 comments:

  1. Really love your coat, looks lovely on you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, very interesting comparison! Florence looks amazinggg. I really like your coat, it's definitely a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These photos are so cute, and you look so good! I like this post!
    Take a look at my blog, and if you like it follow me, I’ll be waiting for you!

    Don’t forget to enter the ZELEB giveaway on my blog!!
    Cosa mi metto???

    ReplyDelete
  4. really want one of these coats, yours is lovely! x

    ReplyDelete